Over the last 13 years, Milaap (https://milaap.org/) has established itself as India’s most trusted crowdfunding platform. We have now been doing beyond crowdfunding through various volunteering and community engagement activities. Blood donation drive, hair donation drive, medical clowning, patient puppetry, handmade baby blankets for NICU babies, caretaker experience/knowledge sharing events, science fair for pediatric children in hospitals are a few engagement activities we regularly conduct across major tier 1 and 2 cities.
As a Milaap Volunteering Program Advocate, your role would require coordinating with various stakeholders in the city to coordinate, communicate and organize various volunteering activities. An individual passionate about the volunteering and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) sectors would be the ideal candidate for the role.
Job Locations: Coimbatore, Chennai and Hyderabad
No. of openings: 3 (one role in each of the above locations)
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Organize one-time volunteering in colleges or schools
Approach various schools or colleges on one-time volunteering activities (such as Hair Donation Drive, Baby Blanket Making, Milaap Wellness Kit, Reading Sessions for Children and others) and with us on a structured repeat volunteering like once in 2 months etc.
- Organize Caretaker Meetups
– Milaap will provide information on various success beneficiaries/COs and the apprentice should reach out to palliative care centers or NGOs into the space to organize meetups and wellbeing sessions.
– Self-care/burnout prevention and Stress Management: Focus on techniques, strategies, and resources for caregivers to prioritize their own well-being and manage stress effectively.
– Caregiving for Specific Conditions: Organize events focused on caregiving for specific medical conditions or diseases, addressing their unique challenges and providing condition-specific resources.
– Assistive Devices and Adaptive Equipment: Showcase and provide information about assistive devices, adaptive equipment, and technologies that can aid caregivers in providing care
- Organize Community Engagement Activities
Focus specifically on community engagement targeting children – like conducting science fairs, magic shows,
- Engage in research and documentation
Help with on-ground validation of patient care centers in the city and their uniqueness.
- Passionate about making an on-ground social impact
- Ability to communicate efficiently and build relationships
- Ready to interact with top management of various organizations
- Ability to inspire and motivate other volunteers
- Highly skilled in speaking the local language
- Must hold a completion certificate of 12th grade or any college degree
- College students who are looking for part-time work can apply
- Anybody in the age group of 20 to 40 can apply for the position
If interested, please write to email@example.com with the subject line as ‘Milaap Volunteering Program Advocate – Job Application’ or call us on 9611319156