The Role: Videographer
As India’s pioneering crowdfunding platform, we at Milaap are committed to doing all we can to make it extremely easy for people to raise money online for the causes that matter to them most. We use innovative approaches to ensure ease-of-use for fundraising individuals and building trust for donors, and we believe that a strong video is a critical tool that helps us achieve this.
As such, we are always on the lookout for someone who believes that video is the future of social media, and wants to be responsible for creating meaningful and powerful visual content for fundraisers. Join us, and be a part of the change.
- You will essentially be producing photo and video content for fundraisers, which are often medical in nature, but sometimes also social causes. This would require you to interact sometimes with patients/parents/others (beneficiaries), who have sought help from Milaap for their financial needs.
- Your role would involve interviewing the beneficiaries and determining their needs, as well as capturing candid shots and their raw emotions on camera. Keep in mind that the footage obtained will be used by Milaap to produce attention-grabbing videos to support fundraisers. Hence you would need to shoot emotionally engaging and impactful content through compelling visuals.
- As a videography partner for Milaap, your role would require you to take exceptional care and an empathetic approach in talking to the beneficiaries.
- You would be expected to get as much information from them as they can comfortably reveal, on video – the sequence of events that has led them to this point, everything they have had to endure, their financial challenges, etc. – strictly avoiding scripted dialogue and staged sadness.
NOTE: Candidates with video editing skills (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc) will be given highest priority.
- Roughly 2 to 3 years of experience as a videographer and photographer.
- A high-quality DSLR and the knowledge and understanding of how to use it.
- Passion for taking photos and videos.
- Proficiency in the regional language. You could be working in locations based out of Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Delhi, Kolkata, Jaipur, Bhubaneshwar or Kochi.
- Access to good audio recording equipment.
- You must have an eye for minute details and precision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time eﬀectively.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Empathetic: You genuinely care about people and want to help them.
- Problem solver: You are someone who is passionate about finding the right solutions no matter how challenging the situation.
- Great communicator: You have a way with words and enjoy expressing your thoughts precisely and clearly when talking to beneficiaries – humble, approachable and sincere.
- Keen observer: You look and listen for subtle clues about the beneficiary’s mood, to take more emotional shots at the right time.
- Process compliant: You know how to balance freedom of expression and protocol compliance.
If interested, please share your profile at email@example.com.
Join us, and be a part of the change!
|Job Category||Social media|